Are you a disciplined, highly-organized manager who takes pride in the quality of your team’s work and “Does the right thing?” Are you a dedicated team player with experience in running crews, scheduling people, and procurement with strong computer skills? Do you want to assist a project manager administering projects? Great opportunity for the right candidate!
We are a well-established, rapidly growing high-end residential construction company who has been specializing in residential remodeling and new custom home construction throughout the Portland Metro area for over 37 years. We promote work in a safe, respectful, ethical environment with a focus on kindness and honesty and are looking for long-term team players to grow with us. Great Benefits: Health Insurance, Supplemental Insurance, 401(k), and PTO.
If you are enthusiastic with a positive, “can-do” attitude AND ready to share our common goal of providing the highest level of customer satisfaction for our clients we want to talk with you!
OVERALL FUNCTION OF POSITION:
· Accountable for on-site supervising and implementing project production for multiple projects from Project Manager’s pass-off to completion.
· Manages the process of each assigned project, ensuring exceptional customer service for clients throughout their entire experience. Accountable for clerical management of process.
· Develops project construction forecast and schedule in collaboration with Project Manager through CoConstruct software in a timely, efficient manner to achieve company goals of quality construction, exceptional customer service, and profitability.
· Maintains the schedule and requirements of project for work progress to meet deadlines. Manages company’s labor resources to meet project budgets
· Ensures all building permits are secured and inspections are passed. Ensures all construction outcomes comply with the construction documents and building codes.
· Manages multiple projects concurrently, consistently monitoring the status. Complete each project with quality work and strong attention to detail.
· Supervise and coordinate company field/craft employees and subcontractors.
· Facilitates the flow of information between design professional(s), clients, project manager, field personnel, and subcontractors.
· Serves as a point of contact for client during the production process, communicating with and educating clients throughout their project. Respects the client’s property.
· Ensures that all construction methods and practices are compliant with the safety policies and procedures to prevent on-the-job injuries, with special attention to “end of day” cleanup.
· Holds responsibility for the security of the property during the entire construction process, protecting the clients’ property from theft, damage, or weather-related loss.
· Procures, schedules, confirms, and verifies deliveries of materials and equipment.
· Troubleshoots on-site problems.
· Leads by example, with excellent work ethic and professionalism.
· 5 years’ successful “bags off” on-site superintendent experience in residential remodeling.
· Strong computer skills. Experience with using project and client management software to manage projects.
· Experience with CoConstruct or other remodeling/home building project management software is preferred.
· Previous experience in understanding and managing project scope of work and budgets, and proper construction administrative processes to include, but not limited to, submittals and change orders.
· Thorough, deep knowledge of residential construction from design through completion.
· Previous experience as a skilled carpenter in residential remodeling.
· The willingness and ability to complete small labor oriented tasks to promote and facilitate the work flow of the schedule.
· Exceptional customer service/client facing experience with the ability to build rapport and relationships with clients and subcontractors.
· Ability to read, understand, and interpret construction drawings, specifications, diagrams, sketches, shop drawings, engineering, and building plans.
· Ability to draw and make sketches to communicate construction details to others.
· Strong leader with exceptional people management skills and expertise with a high level of diplomacy.
· Self-driven with the ability to prioritize and make sound decisions with urgency and accuracy.
· Exceptional communication skills exhibited by careful listening, thoughtful verbal, and clear writing.
· Has a clear grasp of basic mathematics.
· Extensive problem-solving experience with the ability to work independently.
· Professional, dependable, principled, honest, and caring with an outstanding work ethic.
· Collaborative team player willing to go “above and beyond.”
· Must pass background, drug and reference check.
· Excellent driving record with active OR or WA Driver’s License.
· Requirements include lifting 30-50 lbs., standing, bending, stooping, and working on ladders, with ability to work on roofs.
$33 - $40 Hourly Wage, DOE
All candidates must provide resume, cover letter and references to email address: